Nebraska Centers of Excellence
Centers of Excellence (CoE) grants were awarded in 2020-21 to Nebraska school and community-based ELO programs and nonprofit organizations that have expertise in an area related to ELO programming, staffing and partnership development. Each CoE developed professional development and curriculum resources, as well as shared best practices to statewide audiences to help Nebraska afterschool programs build capacity and enhance quality.
Content areas are listed below. In addition to the resources listed below, coaching may also be available to Nebraska ELO programs. Please contact Sandy Day at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in coaching regarding specific content listed below.
Professional Development Workshops
Collective for Youth offers numerous learning opportunities for youth development professionals that are designed to improve practices and outcomes, including regularly scheduled community workshops as well as customized trainings. Training participants usually receive childcare training hour credits for licensed school-age programs in Nebraska.
Cozad Afterschool Program: Gardening
Gardening Training and PD Video–check back soon for Training Video Series
Lexington Afterschool Program: High School Student Staffing Model
*For coaching and support with this model from Lexington’s program director, contact email@example.com
- Webinar #1_FSCS Presentation
- Session 1 Workbook_FSCS Framework
- Webinar #2_Building Powerful Partnerships
- Session 2_Partnerships Workbook
- Webinar #3_Community Cafes
- Session 3_Community Cafés workbook
- Webinar #4-SNACs and ABCD
- Session 4_SNACs and ABCD workbook
- Videos Series: Five short videos providing a brief view of Lincoln CLCs: Lincoln CLC Director, Lead Agency Representative and three videos that provide insight into the role of a School Community Coordinator at each school level ( elementary, middle, and high school).
North Platte Public Schools Kids Klub
*For coaching and support with this model from Kid’s Klub program director, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Capture It & Creatives’ Collective Curricula:
Go Live Curricula:
- YouTube playlist
- The Bay Online | Go Live | Educator Guides (Fall 2020)
- The Bay Online | Go Live | Educator Guides (Spring 2021)
Skate School Curricula:
UNO STEM4U provides quality educational after school activities focused on science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) for K-12 students
Resources have been developed, researched and tested by Beyond School Bells.